TheFostarr94

Serie A pre season/transfer news thread..

Serie A 2017/18 

Who's in the league this year and how do you think they'll do?

Atalanta - got a shock 4th place finish last season, do I think they can do it again? Personally no. Bigger teams are coming in for their key players and they don't have the funds to replace them. So far they've signed Nicolas Haas from FC Luzern. They've lost Franck Kessie to AC Milan, that will hurt them, mid table for Atalanta for me.

Benevento Calcio - finished 5th in Serie B last season promoted through play offs. Will likely lose most their loan stars from other Italian teams, will be in a relegation battle.

Bologna - finished 15th last season, I think they'll be looking at another bottom half finish. Mattia Destro will be looking to hit more than the 11 goals he got last season.

Caliagri - 11th last season not really expecting more of the same this season, lost Bruno Alves to Rangers.

Chievo Verona - 14th finish last season hard to see much of an improvenent as of yet. Sergio Pellissier will be heading into his 17th season for Chievo at 38.

Crotone - finished 17th last season, completed the great escape. Think they'll struggle this season.

Fiorentina - finished 8th last season. New manager in ex Inter boss Stefano Pioli. Brought in Vitor Hugo to tighten up the defence. Turned Carlos Sanchez' loan move from Villa into a permanent deal. Facing a fight to keep hold of ex Blackburn striker Kalinic with interest shown from AC Milan. Expect them to push on from 8th next season.

Genoa - Facing a fight to keep hold of Laxalt from Chelsea. Finished 16th last season, I'd expect them to oush up the a table a little bit. 

Hellas Verona - Promoted as runners up from Serie B will be hoping to stay in the league. Have quality with ex Milan and Inter striker Pazzini leading them. Trying to strike a deal with Man City to keep hold of Zuculini. 

Internazionale - finished a disappointing 7th, got new manager Spalletti, set to lose key winger Perisic to Manchester United and Eder to West Ham. Keeping hold of Icardi is vital to their plans. Rudiger has been linked which would be a solid a signing. Douglas Costa of Bayern has been linked. One thing is certain money will be spent to try and achieve a European place.

Juventus - champions last year and it's hard to see anyone else winning the league. Cuadrado and Benatia's loan deals have been made permanent. Young midfielder Bentancur has been signed from Boca. Have been linled with Douglas Costa and Riyad Mahrez.

Lazio - 5th last season. De Vrij is refusing to sign a new deal. Not being linked with too many players. Expect them to finish below the 5th they achieved last season.

AC Milan - 6th last season I expect them to push on this season, they're spending money. Andre Silva has been brought in for €40, Ricardo Rodriguez is a solid left back signed from Wolfsburg. Musacchio is another solid defender signed. Being linked with a whole host of strikers such as Diego Costa, Belotti etc.

Napoli - finished 3rd think they'll finish 3rd again this season. Turned Maksimovic's loan deal from Torino into a permanent deal. Linked with goalkeeps Alex Meret amd Diego Alves.

Roma - 2nd will struggle to get second again with the loss of Spalletti and Totti. Salah looks to be on his way to Liverpool and various other players looking like leaving. Brought in Juan Jesus from Inter and Hector Moreno from PSV.

Sampdoria - 10th last season and will be around there again next season. Patrik Schick looks set to go to Juventus. Linked with Jordan Amavi of Aston Villa.

Sassuolo - 12th last season will be around that spot again this year. Been linked with Inters Capari.

SPAL - Serie B champions last year. I think they'll struggle. Could lose keeper Meret, being linked with Gollini of villa and Silvestri of Leeds.

Torino - 9th last season, I think where they finish will depend on if they can keep Belotti. Hart and Sirigu have been linked. 

Udinese - 13th last season, 11th is my prediction. Being linked with Fiorentina's Babacar via Watford - strange one I know..

I'll try and update this when I see anything Serie A related..

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to Parma's rise to the Serie A, though things are hotting up the league. There's a lot of quality being linked with moves, although Juventus need to replace Dani Alves wisely.

Hopefully I can catch the highlight show a bit more, is it on channel 5 these days @TheFostarr94?