MBSky

What was your favorite Christmas present this year?

I've been doing homemade sushi recently (most local places to buy it include wheat flour, so no-go for me), so my mother-in-law gifted me a rice cooker and new steel santoku and utility knifes. Also some socks with sushi designs, but those were more a silly extra. xD

I never ask for presents, I'd rather spend time with my family.

With my children wanting various things, I just don't see the point in asking for anything (also I tend to pick things up throughout the year, so most likely I will have what I want before Christmas). I've always been like this, as I haven't ever really been bothered about opening presents in my adulthood.

That said this year my son got me a surprise present, it was a t-shirt saying how awesome I am.

Pretty chuffed with that!

• Like 2

On 12/29/2016 at 16:30, CJ said:

With my children wanting various things, I just don't see the point in asking for anything (also I tend to pick things up throughout the year, so most likely I will have what I want before Christmas). I've always been like this, as I haven't ever really been bothered about opening presents in my adulthood.

That's kind of my problem too. I really don't need anything except the big stuff (ie bigger house, more dependable car), so when people ask me what I want, I just shrug my shoulders. Of course, throughout the year, there are many things that I need far various projects. When I need them, I usually get them or save up for them.

I guess I'm one of those "tough to shop for" people.

On 12/29/2016 at 15:30, CJ said:

I never ask for presents, I'd rather spend time with my family.

That said this year my son got me a surprise present, it was a t-shirt saying how awesome I am.

Pretty chuffed with that!

Honestly, I don't even celebrate Christmas since I'm an Atheist.  Not to mention the true meaning of it all seems to have been replaced with a reason to spend millions on spoiled kids and to get drunk or so full you can't move, while others are starving.