MBSky

TV Show "Lucifer"

Kind of enjoying the show. Just found out that there was an attempt to keep the show off the air due to it's perceived content.

Kind of entertaining but I get why some might object in trying to re-brand the Devil in a different, kinder way.

Anyone else watching it?

I thought this might of been about a UK programme which I despise but it turns out not to be the case. I haven't seen the show though.

The previews were kind of amusing, but I haven't watched any episodes yet. If it shows up on Netflix, I'll probably catch it there.

It is funny that people opposed the show...though when I looked up the info for the opposition, it is basically an extreme group that apparently gets offended by anything that supports people (and fiction) not fitting a specific mold. So trying to block a movie is no surprise. lol

This is one of those shows you don't have to be dedicated to and follow along every week. It may help follow the theme throughout the seasons, but you can jump in there, watch one episode and be entertained without feeling like you are really missing something.

I hate to call them filler shows, but that is kind of how I feel about them. They fill the voids when the "big" shows are having their downtime. With so many shows having 10 and 13 episode seasons anymore, there is now more downtime than ever before.

My g/f watches this show.  It is certainly an interesting concept, esp how he's "immortal", except when around a certain girl.  Cool.

On 9/21/2016 at 16:04, CJ said:

I thought this might of been about a UK programme which I despise but it turns out not to be the case. I haven't seen the show though.

don't quote me because not sure how seen it before moving to Kodi but sure seen it on Sky ! again don't quote me.

Haven't been able to watch this show lately. Way too many shows that I watch are on right now and don't have the time for all of them. Kind of wish this show was one of those Summer shows when there isn't as much on. At least I've got them DVR'd and can watch them during those down times.

That is a pretty cool feature. That would help me out because I "tape" alot of shows.

Showing my age by referring to "taping" shows. And yes, I dialed a phone, rolled up a window, was a master at rewinding videotapes!!

hahaha I used to tape all kinds of shit on VHS.   My brother and I managed to record almost the entire Star Trek TNG, DS9, and Voyager shows on tape. lol  The tapes are in a box that weighs like 20 pounds.  Still have them somewhere.  The entire 3 shows now fit on a single half-shelf on blu-ray. :)

I still have a bunch of old VHS tapes. I hate to throw them away before I see for sure what was on them. I know that we had taped some stuff from our video camera a long time ago and don't want to lose that stuff. The quality of the tapes is very bad right now. Most of them were from 15-30 years ago.

What is interesting is to watch some of those old shows. Watching the commercials and the news is the most interesting. Things have really changed. At one time, there was no mention of the internet (for obvious reasons). Then at some point, everyone started to include their website address, even places that had no reason for a website. Kind of like how everyone has to mention their Twitter and Facebook pages now. Even that seems to be fading away a little bit now.

• Like 1

hehe I have two 4 hour VHS tapes full of crazy shit my best friend and I did in the early 90's.  I captured it to the PC and then made DVDs with a menu and chapters.  I sent him a copy.  Now it's preserved for all time! :D