SGrayMe

Snacktime or no?

So I love food, but when I'm focused on entertainment, I just want hydration. Especially when outdoors. How about everybody else? Are you among the crowd that prefers spectating with snacks or do you skip?

When I go to a sporting event (baseball, basketball, football) almost always have to have a hot dog, popcorn, and coke. Just about anything else, just skip the snacks.

I think this came from conditioning as a child, kind of like Pavlov's Dog.

I'm vastly different depending on where I am.

For example when watching a film at the cinema I will have popcorn, perhaps a packet of sweets but when I watch something at home - I very rarely eat at all. The same can be applied when I go to watch my football team - I never eat, although my lad does. Whereas on the other hand, when I used to play football I would snack before and at half time to keep my energy levels up.

I guess snacking for me is all about the right time and the quality of options.

I really have no other explanation for it. I can go to a sporting event and get the crappiest hot dog and stale popcorn and still enjoy it.

If I sit at home and do all the work myself with finest of ingredients, it just doesn't seem to measure up. One time, I thought maybe it's just being in the fresh outdoors that makes the food taste better. Tried eating outside and it didn't make a difference!! Either way, they are going to get a few bucks out of me at any sporting event.

On 9/10/2016 at 20:53, SGrayMe said:

So I love food, but when I'm focused on entertainment, I just want hydration. Especially when outdoors. How about everybody else? Are you among the crowd that prefers spectating with snacks or do you skip?

The last "live event" I went to was a WWE house show. We were broke so could only afford a single lemonade and tried to make it last the whole night. lol